***Wicked Wednesday Roll Call***

dit657
on 10/25/11 10:04 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - wicked only in the sense that Halloween is coming and my counter is full of singing Halloween toys! Oh, and candy - this is one time of year I buy candy for the office. Once this batch is gone they're done.

So I'm at work - another long commute in but not as bad as yesterday. Didn't do a durn thing last night - was mentally exhausted from all of the house stuff. Tonight I will be heading downstairs to tackle that storage room in the back again - maybe progress a little at a time.

Not much going on for me right now...calm before the storm??

How's everyone else doing today??

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 10/25/11 11:03 pm
Work at home day for me - Thurs. thru Sat in Philly for major meetings so have much to prepare.

I over did it with exercise on Monday and am feeling a little strain in my hip so am taking Tylenol for that.

Other than work, some writing, and keeping the lid on things around home, it's pretty routine around here. Wishing all of you a great day!
Patricia R.
on 10/26/11 12:12 am - Perry, MI
 Good Morning PA,
I am still recuperating from a sinus infection, with the fever to go with it.  The toes are healing slowly, but steadily.  

I have nothing exciting going on today.  Crocheting Isabel's bedspread is the main thing on my agenda.

I did put my daughter's ultrasound pic on my Facebook page.

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 10/26/11 1:26 am
Good Morning Kathy and PA!!

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary! In some ways it feels like yesterday and in others it feels like forever! We are lucky to have each other in so many ways!! He has loved me no matter what, even when I was close to 400lbs he still loved me. He totally supported me when I first started to think about WLS. He didn't push me, but he wanted me to be healthy. I always appreciated that (and still do!) 

Working both jobs today, home to heat up dinner, do homework (or at least check it), relax and bed...I know SOOO exciting!!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 10/26/11 2:42 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on a long and happy marriage and Happy Anniversary - wishing you many, many more!!

bvohl
on 10/26/11 4:45 am
Thanks Kathy!! There are many times when I think it is a miracle that we haven't killed each other yet?!?!? LOL!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 10/26/11 2:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Kathy, PA Friends. . .

Oh yes the tricky part of the year. . .  well for some of us. . .  on Saturday I purchased 6 bags of Fun Size candy bars, we always have a ton of trick or treaters in my area, they will not get opened until Monday and on that very unlikely possibility that there is anything left over it will go to the secretary who sits at the very end and keeps candy in a jar and does not allow me to take any ;)  Truth is, I don't usually care for candy, unless it is York Peppermint Patty or Dark Chocolate. . .

So where are things with regard to the house, I've been busy and just popping in here and there? 

Kathy for years I commuted 5 hours a day, now it's less than 2, but on those days when there is a jam, I hate it, so I feel you on not wanting to do much when you get home.

Today has me making a lunchtime AA meeting, shortly. . . after work, home where my friend Owen is going to fix a door that needs fixing and then try to make something with the grated carrots I have in my fridge, otherwise, that's it folks. . .

Have a great day and wishing peace and strength to those facing serious life challenging stuff.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 10/26/11 2:49 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Laureen - I pushed my pouch last night with some mini-candy and paid for it dearly - so Miss Prissy Pouch still does not do sugar, and that's a good thing! Taught me to keep my hands out of the candy bowl.

Right now we're waiting for the appraisal on the house and we had to change lenders mid-stream because the last one we were using needed 30 days from the appraisal date to closing, which we don't have since closing is scheduled for 11/16. We would have been willing to pu**** back but the seller is elderly and even little changes upset her, so we found a new lender willing to do it all in less than 30 days, so now we're just waiting to see what else she needs from us (financial information).

I'm so over the long commutes - with major construction almost the entire length we travel on Route 202 it's even longer and scarier - I'm not sure what scares me most these days - distracted drivers texting and/or talking, or people gawking at the construction going on. Every day there's at  least one fender-bender on the way in or home, making for a very long day.

Laureen S.
on 10/26/11 4:38 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Kathy,

Unfortunately for me, sugar usually does not affect me, though I don't push the envelope with it either, but I can get away with it most of the time in limited amounts, which I try to avoid.  Luckily, I've learned to go the fruit route most of the time and/or no sugar added or substitute, but those substitutes can cause more havoc than not, so even there I limit intake, this is all probably a good thing, however, even eating healthy can put weight on, if you graze, so I'm watching closely these days, most especially since I am not exercising at the moment due to my back.

Oh Kathy, I so remember those tie ups due to stupidity driving (lol), which is what I began to call it, as a passenger on a bus, you begin to see the stupid things people do while they are supposed to be driving and that was before texting became all the rage.  I remember one Friday, it took almost 4 hours to get home, there was a truck fire on the northbound side of the highway, only 5 miles from the tunnel, everyone had to slow down and look at it, I mean, my gawd man, wanna see a fire, then go home and make one in your backyard or something. . .  lol.  I'm lucky in that the commute I do now, is in an opposite direction, if I hit any traffic at all it's at the Delaware/PA line and that is usually because people just refuse to yield and allow others to merge in. . . 

There is a light at the end for you, hang in there. . .  dinner?  sometime soon. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Twizzled D.
on 10/26/11 9:35 am
 Good evening PA,

Oh, the Halloween candy is ridiculous! I have been putting off purchasing it because when it's in the house, I want it. I had to go to the grocery store after the gym for normal stuff, and was surprised that their display of Halloween candy, which has been out since August, is now completely gone!! I am fairly sure the Family Dollar or pharmacies nearby still have their specials, so I'm waiting until Sunday (or Monday after work) now to pick up the candy. I can't do that much damage in less than 24 hours. Well... I *can*...but I won't. ;) 

Nothing else to report here....crazy that I was off from work yesterday but this still feels like the longest week EVER. 

Happy anniversary, Beth & hubby!
-Kristi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views